CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Catching Up

I meant to write a post for my oldest child's birthday on the 22nd... she turned 17. I can't believe it has been that long. 18 years since I was pregnant with my first child... 17 years of breastfeeding... well, not 17 years of feeding her, obviously... but since I have 8 children, one has been breastfeeding at some point on any given day.

I ran across some of my old pals from school on Facebook, and it is amazing to me to see how obsessed I am with birth compared to everyone else I know (with the exception of my friends and acquaintances in the birth field). I just don't know how anyone can go through something as transformational as childbirth and not be changed because of it. Maybe I'm the odd one out, huh? I'd be ecstatic to fall pregnant again tomorrow... I love being pregnant and giving birth.

Oh well. This is just a short note. More later.

1 comments:

Susana said...

I can relate... I have been breastfeeding my 7 kids for about 13 years of my life!

I also know what you mean about not knowing many people IRL who are as captivated by birth as I am!

I am happy for you that you hooked up with old highschool friends. I'd like to do the same.

It's my 20th reunion this year. I'd like to go just to see them all. I don't doubt for a second that I probably have the most kids out of the whole class!

Susana

Organic Birth's Fan Box

Organic Birth on Facebook